The aim of the Trust is to encourage and develop film projects that reflect Jack’s values and beliefs, collaborating with individuals and organisations who also strive to promote those same ideals.
The Trust seeks funding to help develop projects that reflect Jack Jones’ life’s work, while promoting the following themes.
- Trade Union rights across the UK and the world, reflecting the need for trade unions, their role in promoting human rights and fighting injustice at work and in communities.
- Anti Fascism and Racism. Fighting prejudice and ignorance, opposing the promotion of fascist ideals and the existence of fascist governments and parties.
- Internationalism and Solidarity around the world, between peoples and trade unions, supporting causes that Jack himself would recognise as vital to the progress of humankind. This is particularly reflected in Jack’s decision to go fight in the Spanish Civil War.
Jack Jones Trust Patrons:
- Jack Jones Jnr
- Dot Gibson – National Pensioners Convention
- Len McCluskey – General Secretary, UNITE
- Professor Paul Preston – Spanish History, London School of Economics